SB 443 would prohibit the introduction of “Roundup Ready” grass into Connecticut.
Our Senators are hearing from our opposition that Roundup is a safe, environmentally friendly herbicide.
Really??? If they are willing to say this, how can we believe anything else they say?
Here is what we know to be true about GMO’s and Roundup (glyphosate):
- Studies have still shown a link between glyphosate and serious health problems, including: DNA damage, premature births and miscarriages, birth defects, multiple types of cancer, and disruption of neurological development in children. 
- Glyphosate has been shown to be fatal to many species of insects—key pollinators in a whole variety of ecosystems. 
- Since the introduction of Roundup Ready GMOs, herbicide use has increased by 527 million pounds from 1996 through 2011 according to a study by Professor Charles Benbrook, a researcher at the Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources at Washington State University.
Is this the type of “Safe” pesticide we need more of?
Call Your Senator now and urge them to support SB 443 and say “No” to Roundup Ready Grass. Find your legislator here!
Connecticut General Assembly:
House Democrats: 800-842-8267800-842-8267
House Republicans: 800-842-1423800-842-1423
Senate Democrats: 800-842-1420800-842-1420
Senate Republicans: 800-842-1421800-842-1421
1. Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Acid Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases, Anthony Samseland Stephanie Seneff, Entropy, 2013
2. THE IMPACT OF INSECTICIDES AND HERBICIDES ON THE BIODIVERSITY AND PRODUCTIVITY OF AQUATIC COMMUNITIES, RICK A. RELYEA, Ecological Applications, 2005